Thursday 28 August 2014

YEAR ABROAD INSURANCE

Oh my god I'm actually writing about something semi-useful to anyone needing year abroad advice!!!

Basically this week I finally got around to buying myself some year abroad insurance. So far my life has been pretty cushy and nothing that bad has happened to me but if it's ever going to happen, it'll be when I'm in a different country to my entire family where they can't come and save me. 

I decided to go with Endsleigh since they were the main company people got insurance from at UEA for halls insurance and stuff so I knew they were a legit company. 

For the 10-11 months I'm going for, these were the two quotations they gave me. I should add that this is under the study abroad in Europe option so it may be different for different places or like work placements/British Council. 



I went for the comprehensive £160 option just to be safe. This was definitely cheaper than some of the other ones I'd seen. However on top of that I chose to cover my MacBook and iPad just because I know they're the most likely things to be damaged/stolen and I'd rather have insurance for them just on the safe side!

So all in all it's cost me about £230 which isn't that bad but then it's still a lot of money for nothing to happen. Oh well, we'll see!

I asked some of my pals what they decided to do. One has none at all purely because of money. A few have gone with COE and then a few with STA. Everyone seems pretty happy with their choices so I recommend all three companies mentioned!

I hope this is helpful to anyone just planning their YA and I also hope nothing happens to me or anyone else and that we need the insurance...

Until next time, hasta luego.



No comments:

Post a Comment