Monday 4 August 2014

JULY MUSIC FAVOURITES

Since we've just got out of July, thought I'd write about the songs I was loving last month! I'm not even going to pretend I'm up to date on music. I haven't known what's in the charts since I started university because I stopped watching music channels. Heart FM is my favourite radio station and all I listen to is my Spotify playlist which is full of Robbie Williams and 80s power ballads and 00s boybands like Blue. However I thought I'd do a post on a few of the new songs I actually found this month. I promise none of these are Robbie Williams.

HAPPY LITTLE PILL - TROYE SIVAN

If any of you are familiar with the YouTube world you'll probably know of Troye Sivan. With over 2 million subscribers he's already pretty famous and I think with this single he's going to be going places. It's such a chill tune and I just love it. 

QUELQU'UN M'A DIT - CARLA BRUNI 

I've only just discovered this song because it was used in this (super cute adorable) YouTube video by Jack Harries. I usually prefer Spanish over French music but I've just remembered I have to take a French module in Alicante and I can't actually remember how to speak French so I've decided to focus on French a bit. What an error.

PROBLEM - ARIANA GRANDE FEAT. IGGY AZALEA

Despite how problematic Iggy Azalea is (aka she's a massive racist and slut shamer and all sorts of other awful things) but I love Ariana Grande and this song. Plus it has saxophone in it which just makes every song amazing. 

CRAZY STUPID LOVE - CHERYL (TWEEDY/COLE/FERNANDEZ-VERSINI)

I know Cheryl isn't exactly gifted with the most amazing singing voice but somehow I always end up loving her music and Crazy Stupid Love is no exception. It's probably because she's a Geordie and the most beautiful person on the planet. 

THE MORNING - LEWIS WATSON

This isn't a song but an album, Lewis Watson's debut. In probably 2010 I followed Lewis on Tumblr, then he started uploading covers to YouTube, then released his first EP and then a few more after that, until finally his debut album! I saw him live in March 2013 and he was so fab. He's like a mix between Ed Sheeran and Ben Howard but then totally different as well. There's not a song on the album I don't love, but my particular favourite tracks are Outgrow and Ghost.

LOVE AGAIN - PENTATONIX

I basically find all of my music on YouTube. Two of the members of Pentatonix, Mitch and Scott make videos under the name Superfruit and they made this Beyoncé video which you've no doubt seen. Anyway, Pentatonix is an a capella group and this is my favourite track from their second album.

And that's it! Someone recommend me some more music otherwise I'm gonna be stuck in a time warp forever, trapped in the 90s. 

Until next time, hasta luego.

twitter | tumblr | instagram | facebook | pinterest | goodreads | spotify | youtube 

No comments:

Post a Comment