Wednesday 10 September 2014

GETTING WIFI IN SPAIN

Dear all people who will live in Spain in the future. If you are living in a flat that isn't part of uni accomodation or has wifi already or with no Spanish people, you are going to struggle getting wifi connected in your house!


Basically, you need a Spanish bank account. Which is a total nightmare. Because you need the NIE for that. My uni is setting us up with appointments for that but I already know that'll be a mare.

So how am I sitting here with no Spanish bank account nor NIE but connected to the wifi in my house? I am very very lucky and have grandparents who came out to see me off who have a Spanish bank account in the Canary Islands and an NIF (número fiscal) rather than a NIE and agreed to let us use it.

If you're asking the question "is the NIE essential when living in Spain?" then the answer is pretty much yes. Have fun with that!

SO WORD OF CAUTION. TRY AND LIVE WITH SPANISH PEOPLE SO IT WON'T BE A MARE

Much love, hasta luego

4 comments:

  1. this has actually helped me understand why nobody will give me a bank account. they keep asking if I am a fiscal resident, to which I have replied, not until you give me a bank account...
    Now to adopt some grandparents...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha good luck buddy! spain is so difficult

      Delete
    2. A NIE really is not hard to get if you are already living in Spain as for opening a bank account, try opening a Non-Residents account.
      Good Luck

      Delete
    3. Hi Paul. I have a NIE now! Don't think I'll open a bank account because I'm only here until June. Thanks for reading!

      Delete