Monday 11 August 2014

CHILLI & GARLIC CHICKEN | RECIPE

I love cooking so much and obviously I'm great at it because Gordon Ramsay followed me on Twitter. Since being back home for the summer, I've stuck to the same few dishes. Mainly because I don't do my own grocery shopping and have to contend with what's in the house! I think I've probably made this at least 14 times since June. My nana came round the other day and asked for the recipe so I thought I'd stick it up here!


So this is chicken and rice fried in chilli, garlic and soy sauce, really simple.

INGREDIENTS
  • GREEN CHILLI (I use one, you can use however many you want depending how much you like spice, ie if you can't handle much just do half a chilli)
  • GARLIC (I normally use 2-3 cloves depending on size)
  • OLIVE OIL
  • CUMIN
  • SOY SAUCE (I use light soy sauce)
  • BASMATI RICE
  • CHICKEN BREAST (You could use whatever meat you want really)
  • SALT AND PEPPER (To season)


 So first, finely chop the chilli and garlic and fry on a medium heat in some olive oil (or whatever oil you use). At the same time, put your rice on to boil.

As the chilli and garlic start to go golden and fragrant (careful not to burn them) add your diced chicken. Season with salt and pepper.

When the chicken is pretty much cooked (no pink on the outside) then season with cumin. I'm pretty liberal with it but you can do it however you like. I just put cumin in everything because I loooove it.

Check the rice and it should be almost done. Turn the pan down to a low heat and add soy sauce. Be quite liberal because as it cooks it becomes syrupy and there needs to be quite a lot of liquid for the rice to absorb.


Turn the heat up to make the soy sauce a bit syrupy. Check your rice is cooked, sieve it and then add it to the pan.

Stir it round a bit and there you have it! This could be served with steamed vegetables but we had none in today so I just ate it on its own. It's so lush. I really hope Spain sells all these ingredients otherwise I might starve.


If you're my pal then come round and I'll make this for you because it's lush. If you're not, tough luck.
Until next time, hasta luego.


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment