Friday 28 April 2017

SOME THINGS ABOUT ME YOU MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW

Enthralling title I know, very short and snappy. Soz pals. Anyway, I've seen this floating around a few blogs that I read so I thought it might be nice to have another lil list post but have this one all about me. Even though most of the people that read this know me in real life and therefore probably know most of these "facts" (lol #pretentious). Whatever. It's nice even just for me to list all sorts of stuff about me because I'm great and love all the things that make me, me. Let's get on with it, eh? 


1) My middle name is Charlotte. Very unlike me but very much my middle name if ya get me. Probs not. 

2) I think in Spanish probably around 40% of the time. It's particularly annoying when I can't remember the names for things in either Spanish or English.

3) I have five ear piercings but have had my ears pierced on nine separate occasions - they heal up very quickly.

4) I'm really good when it comes to buying concert tickets. Hoping this streak continues when it comes to buying Harry Styles tickets next week.

5) I have been in the same vicinity as Robbie Williams eleven times since 2011 and when I see him in Edinburgh in June it'll be number twelve.

6) If it were possible to get a tattoo made of glitter, I 100% would.

7) I love taking part in little one off events - I've just applied to be in a Jet2 advert and to volunteer at the Ironman event in Lanzarote next month.

8) No form of travel makes me ill. Thank God, because since I started uni it's taken me multiple buses, trains and planes to get home.

9) I'm a bit obsessed with instagram. I try to rein it in so Lord only knows how many people would unfollow me if I posted as much crap as I want to. 

10) My blood type is O+. Only 4% of people who can donate blood actually do it so go register please and save some lives.




11) I have always been very academically driven and proud of it. I miss learning things and am really excited to start uni again in October.

12) Being good with money is not one of my strengths. The other day I bought sun cream spray specifically for your hair.

13) I have been blogging for a long long time. I used to post very long emotional schpiels about how terrible my life was in high school without realising people actually read them and had the shit ripped out of me for that lol. Oh well. 

14) My lil bro is me best pal even though he only likes me when I'm not around. He says I'm only nice on the phone. The little shit. 

15) I take 30mg of citalopram every day and it keeps me very stable and I am not ashamed to be using them at all.

16) I really really really want to learn to play the saxophone. Really really. 

17) Geordie vocabulary is very much slipping from my vernacular and it makes me really sad but that's what happens when you leave the good old north east. However, a 'bread roll' will always be a bun, a splinter will always be a spelk and it will always be breakfast, dinner, tea. 





18) When I was little I wanted to be an illustrator which is now weird because all my kids at school tell me that's what I should be. Kids really love it when you draw them stuff on a blackboard.

19) Part of me is so drawn to Barcelona and I know I'll live there one day. Can't tell you where, when, why or how, but it's gonna happen. 

20) My favourite Disney character is Marie from the Aristocats. From the ages from like, 6-12 I carried around my little Marie toy obsessively because I was switching houses most days and she was me lil comfort blanket essentially. My only constant in the world. Only just realising now how much I identify with her - she has a stepdad she absolutely adores and looks up to eternally. He's a bit of a rogue and a bit of a rascal but always helpful and charming and lovely and steps up to the plate so willingly. Sounds very familiar. 




21) I am legit addicted to Coke. I had a year off in 2014 and since the start of 2017 I've pretty much not had any (and having it as a mixer doesn't count but even that is rare).

22) Mental health advocacy is one of my number one priorities right now and seeing it posted on social media so often these days makes me so hopeful for the future.

23) 23 is my favourite number. Always has been. Mama was 23 when she had me and I was due on the 23rd August and it's just a great number. 

24) I only recently learned how to draw a horse and I'm ever so pleased with myself.

25) I've lived in eleven different houses. Cheers, uni. 

26) I once kissed a lad in a bar and then found out his name was Christian Grey. As in fifty shades. Still not over it. #Cringe.

27) In the future I have no idea what I want to settle on doing. I'm going back to uni to do translation but I've really enjoyed being an English teacher and working with kids in general, but I also really want to work in an airport but I think I'd be good as an estate agent or in property management. I'm very open when it comes to jobs.

28) I'm that stranger who will talk to you in public places. If you're stuck next to me on a plane or a train or a bus or in a queue or even just in the street, I'll have a chat with you. I promise this is very different from the ultra shy lassy who moved to Norwich at 18. She couldn't even talk on the phone to her mother.

29) I'm really bad when it comes to "culture" as I have little to no interest in sight-seeing. I really don't care. Let me go on holiday where there's a beach and I'll be happy. I'm too chill to be surrounded by tourists all clammering to see the same thing when it's available on google. Soz not soz. 

30) I'm really excited to go back to uni because then my life will be busy again and I'll get to plan it in my bullet journal which is just the most thrilling thing of all. 





31) My best pals are scattered all over the place. I consider myself very lucky to call so many people my best pal. Shout outs to Cameron, Paige, Hollie, Antonio, Georgia, Lucía, Stefano, Gianni & Torrie. Love yous more than chocolate.

32) I've wanted to get into poetry for so long and now I'm getting there and it's so lush. Started writing my own little things in my iPhone notes that might end up on here one day. We'll see. 

33) My dream for as long as I can remember was to live in Lanzarote. I'm not sure what it is now. Other than meeting Robbie Williams.

34) My favourite films are Volver, About Time, School of Rock and L'auberge Espagnole. 

35) My favourite books are Feel by Chris Heath, The Time Traveler's Wife, The Power, The Humans, Where Rainbows End and Elizabeth is Missing.

36) My favourite songs are Sexed Up, Hunting for You, No Regrets and Surrender (all by Robbie Williams), Somebody Else by The 1975, Drag Me Down and What a Feeling by One Direction, Collide by James Bay, Shout Out to my Ex by Little Mix, End of Time by Beyoncé, Bailando by Enrique Iglesias, Despacito by Luis Fonsi, Slow Dancing in a Burning Room by John Mayer, Little Red Corvette by Prince and Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship.

37) My favourite TV shows are Jane the Virgin, Grey's Anatomy, Prison Break and Air Crash Investigation.

38) I am really really against the unnecessary captivity of animals, especially cetaceans. I just don't think whales belong in a chlorine tank. With wildlife parks it's a little easier to replicate the environments of some animals with grass plains etc but the pools they shove whales in just are not humane.

39) For a long long time I was not a fan of myself and didn't take any selfies for like... a year. Not to worry, I'm now back to thinking I'm brilliant and I take adorable selfies all the time.




40) I don't have many hobbies but I like reading, colouring, blogging, watching films, going for walks, going for runs (which I haven't done in so long which IS SO BAD), cooking, swimming and tidying. 

41) Haven't fully decided yet but I probs fancy girls as well as boys. How could you not? Girls are lush. Probs like, 4 on the Kinsey scale. Not bisexual but not exclusively straight. Who knows. Don't really consider this as a big deal but that's probably because everyone I went to uni with was a little bit gay lol. 

42) There are no foods better than a Sunday dinner, a mango based curry or tapas. No question.

43) Airports are my favourite places in the whole world. As someone with places to call home all over the place, sometimes the place that feels most like home is the airport.

44) There is no better way to spend a night than at a concert. Live music is ace but I'm talking about a big gig, production on the scale of Robbie Williams/Take That/Beyoncé. Always prefer an arena to a stadium but there's something very special about a stadium full of people singing along to one song. 

45) I watch a lot of Youtube but far too often I end up watching either military homecoming or spot popping videos. I'm disgusting, I know.

46) I really enjoy writing. Whether it be blog posts, tweets, academic essays, magazine articles or making up stories for little kids, I really really love it. 

47) My alcohol of choice is disaronno, malibu or vodka.

48) Should you ever need to know, I'm an organ donor and will be happy to give all of my body, eyes and brains and all, to whoever needs them or for science. Go for it, I'll be dead.

49) I have inherited both photosensitivity and misophonia from my mother. Cheers ma, I can't see without sunglasses and people chewing and BREATHING annoys me. Not ideal. 

50) Hoop earrings are 100% my sass enablers and turn me into a boss queen who can do no wrong. It is the best feeling.




I reckon that's enough. Mainly because yous don't need to be bored anymore but also because I'm struggling to think of things. Hope you now feel more enlightened than before. 
Tell me facts about you, I love reading these lists.

All the love, homedawgs.
KB

No comments:

Post a Comment