Wednesday 20 December 2017

30 BEFORE THIRTY

I've seen a few of my fave youtubers posting these lists recently and I'm all for lists and goals so here we go, welcome to the 30 things I want to achieve before I'm 30. At 23 and a bit I think I'm leaving myself a decent amount of time; I have 349 weeks to achieve them so wish me luck and also help me if you can lol. I imagine these will change in their level of importance as I get older but having them written down will also show my growth so that's cool too. Yay for goals.







 1 - THE GREAT NORTH RUN

I've had a place in the GNR for the last two years and not run it due to my own lack of training and mental health. I am determined to do it. I will do it

 2 - EUROVISION

UEA LCS pals understand. I just want to go to eurovision. It's the best most cheesiest gayest night of the year and I want to go and dance and wave flags and cheer on the terrible UK act and the terrible Spanish act and get drunk and love life. 

 3 - KIELDER OBSERVATORY

Kielder is super super close to me and is like, an official dark sky zone and has an observatory where you can go look at the stars and stuff and I am dying to go.

 4 - MEET ROBBIE WILLIAMS

Do I gotta explain? I mean really?

 5 - FRONT ROW AT A ROBBIE WILLIAMS SHOW

This is the achievable version of the above goal. I've been on the front of the side barrier but that's not the saaaaame.

 6 - BE IN A RELATIONSHIP 

Lol bit weird but I've been single forever and I just hope to have had some sort of relationship between now and 30. Lol. Lol. Lol. As if I'm posting this on the internet.

 7 - LIVE IN BARCELONA

I don't think this needs any explanation? Or maybe it does. I don't know. I'd like to live in Barcelona and have done ever since I visited the first time.

 8 - LIVE IN NEWCASTLE

I also really want to live in Newcastle itself for a little while. I love being Northumbrian but I'd love to live in my city. Plus it would make life and travel a bit easier.

 9 - MASSAGE THERAPY COURSE

Learning to become a massage therapist has been on my list for a long long time. I genuinely think I'd be quite good at this and if it fails then it's just a nice skill to have.

 10 - COME OFF MY MEDICATION

It won't be super sad if I don't manage this by the time I'm 30 but being off my meds will hopefully mean I have some sort of control over my mental health.

 11 - DONATE HAIR TO A WIG CHARITY

Lots of bairns benefit from wigs made of human hair and I would love to help out. Also, selfishly, I want the feeling of release from cutting loads of hair off. This does both.

 12 - SPONSORED SILENCE

I think quite a lot of people would like me to do this too. I'd like to contribute more to charity but can't really afford to give lots so want to do challenges and raise money from other people.

 13 - TO HAVE DONATED BLOOD 20 TIMES

So far I've donated 3 times and have worked out the most possible donations I can give by the time I'm 30 is 21 so we'll see. It will be cutting it fine but this is really important to me. 

 14 - DROP 3 DRESS SIZES

I have an ideal size in mind but won't be popping that on t'internet soz lads xo.

 15 - TRANSLATE A NOVEL

I've done a short story before but I want to do a whole like 2-300 page novel from Spanish into English. If it gets published, even dreamier.

 16 - 50 BOOK CHALLENGE

This tends to be on a lot of people's lists, reading 50 books in a year. This year I've done 46 (as it stands) so it might happen??? If I stick a few more poetry collections in to cheat lol.

 17 - SEE THE NORTHERN LIGHTS

I am a northern light and want to see the real ones. Whether it's in Scotland or Iceland I don't really mind.

 18 - WATCH ALL FILMS ON 100 BEST FILMS LIST

Pretty self explanatory, just wanna see some classic films.

 19 - LIVE WITH PALS AGAIN

I love love love living with me pals and would love to do it again. @G Cook hit me up babes.

 20 - GO UP GREY'S MONUMENT

I feel a terrible Geordie for not having climbed up monument. It's gotta happen.

 21 - PENPALLING

When I lived in Alicante I used to email wor Cammy and we had long long email threads and I'd like to do it again. Pals hit me up if you wanna email.

 22 - MENTAL HEALTH CHARITY WORK

Like I said earlier, I want to do more charity work/volunteering and I want to focus on mental health because it's v v v important to me.

 23 - ATTEND LONDON PRIDE

Hello all the gays lets have a big kiki xxxxx

 24 - VISIT NEW YORK

My stupid parents just went without me. Mean.

 25 - HAVE A HEALTHY SAVINGS ACCOUNT

Please LORD this has to happen. I am always poor. I always have been poor. HELP ME SAVE MONEY

 26 - FINISH A NOTEBOOK

I am your typical stationery hoarder and have so many started notebooks and zero finished ones. The last time I filled a book was like... exercise books at school. Maybe a bit of a silly one but yolo. 

 27 - WORK BACKSTAGE IN SOME SORT OF THEATRE SHOW

Again maybe a bit weird but I'd just like to contribute to like, the backstage bit. Like prepping the set or organisation or whatever. Just wanna take part.

 28 - TRILINGUAL

Dunno which other language I'd like to pick up yet. Maybe Catalan. Being bilingual is one of my fave things and like I know little bits of other languages and am semi-proficient in French so lets just up it a little more and keep learning. 

 29 - HAVE BLOG STILL ACTIVE

I don't mean to have not shut down this site, but to still be posting me wee rants on geordieabroadie because it's my nice little space where I write all sorts of nonsense.

 30 - SEE A PSYCHIC

Lol this one is definitely weird but like... I'm quite a cynical person and am not religious but I really want to see what a psychic can guess/tell about me and tell my fortune and then see how right they are.


So that's it! A little list of goals that I think might actually be quite doable?? Who knows. Pls tell me yours.

All the love

KB xo

 

1 comment:

  1. I love this list! You should defo try Catalan, I did it a module at uni and it was so good, and helps the living in Barcelona haha x

    ReplyDelete