Thursday 9 October 2014

WHAT I LOVE ABOUT LIVING IN SPAIN

A lot of the time when I'm here I am kind of homesick and not really loving it as much as I maybe should so today I thought I'd remind myself of why I do really like it here.



  • CHEAP
It is so cheap to live here. My rent is about half the price of my rent back in Norwich, and it has water bills included. The internet is cheap and for the connection we have it is amazing. Food is ridiculously cheap if you get tapas and then for transport I have a rechargable tram card where each journey is about €0.70. Insane. That's 55p. In Norwich it would cost me £1.80. Like everything is cheap in euros but then when you factor in the conversion rate it is amazing. Plus I get more money from student finance this year! IT'S SO GOOD.

  • TRAM
I love travelling on the tram so much. As well as it being cheap, I love having the card because it feels like I actually live here. Also there is zero traffic unlike a bus because you never have to wait for anything, so the journey is always the same length so you actually know what time you'll get to uni when you get on. 

  • WEATHER
Even though I complain that it's too hot (because it is) living in 30 degree heat and constant sunshine is such a pleasant change from living in cold northern England and miserable eastern England. I don't think looking at a clear blue sky, feeling the sun on you and a light breeze through your hair can make anybody sad.

  • BEACH
Brought up in Northumberland, I'm a sucker for a nice coastline, and man do I have one here. Looking at the sea calms me so much and I love having it so close. Admittedly I haven't been on the beach as much as I'd like to but I'll rectify that soon. 

  • TAPAS
It's so weird for me to love tapas because I'm such a picky eater but since I've been here I've tried all sorts and pretty much liked everything I've tried. It's probably that whole erasmus mindset of yolo haha but I definitely want to try everything ever ever ever, even if its awful.

  • LANGUAGE IMMERSION
This is obviously the reason I'm here... but basically other than speaking a bit more, it's so nice to listen to people and actually understand what they're saying. I'm successfully holding conversations with people IN SPANISH.


  • NEW PALS
So far it's been quite difficult to get people to actually talk to me, I don't know why but I think maybe some places aren't as friendly as Northumberland... Anyway, the friends I have made are wonderful and I already love them lots.
  • WHATSAPP
Bit of a daft one but being here where everyone uses whatsapp has made me love it so much and now I just want everyone to have whatsapp. Our LCS group whatsapp chat is so so so good although if you ignore your phone for an hour you might come back to 400 messages. We're a chatty bunch.

See. I don't hate it that much.
Until next time, hasta luego.

twitter | tumblr | instagram | facebook | pinterest | goodreads | spotify | youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment