Thursday 16 October 2014

YEAR ABROAD APPS

For any of you out there who are on/going on a year abroad and have an iPhone/iPad/iPod/something else that uses apps, I thought I'd share what apps are helping me out here in Spain!


  • WHATSAPP
Whatsapp is the best. EVERYBODY in Spain has whatsapp. You get to chat like a local with locals for free. You get to chat with pals at home/wherever in the world they are for free. You can have group chats with up to 50 people so if you love your coursemates like I do then you can have them just one text away. I have no idea why but at the minute I've run out of data but Whatsapp STILL WORKS. If you're going on a year abroad just get Whatsapp.

  • WORDREFERENCE
Lifesaver for languages students even if they're not on a year abroad. So good.

  • SKYSCANNER
Skyscanner gives a list of all of the flights and flight combinations you can take to whatever destination you want and then lists them by price. Vital.

  • TWITTER
Keep in touch with the world even when you're somewhere daft like Spain. Why wouldn't you have Twitter in this age?

  • FACETIME/SKYPE ETC
Anything like that is so good. I don't use Skype myself because FaceTime is all I need. I had a chat on FaceTime audio yesterday for an hour and it felt like a normal phonecall and it's so good.

  • XE CURRENCY CONVERTER
Useful for when you take €100 out of the bank to remember that it's not actually pretend money and you are spending your English (or whatever) money. 

  • GOOGLE DOCS
Cracking for when you forget to e-mail yourself your work. Also you can edit it and it shows what you've changed which is perfect for going through a translation, like this. 


  • BLOGLOVIN
To catch up on amazing posts on year abroad blogs like this one.

Until next time
Hasta luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment