Monday 13 October 2014

TATTOO?

I've always toyed with the idea of getting a tattoo. Normally I decide not to but at the minute I feel like I might end up getting one. That's not to say I'm going to go and get one tomorrow! But I'm definitely not against the idea.
Unsurprisingly, whenever I think of tattoo ideas they're usually about Robbie Williams. He's about the only thing I'm sure I won't start hating and won't want on my body. My first ideas were either the lyric 'loose lips sunk ships' from Sexed Up which is my favourite and I still might end up getting, or 'let love be your energy'. I thought of having those with two swallows (like Rob has) either side of the lyric. But then I'd probably have to always explain why 'loose lips sunk ships' and that would annoy me so much. Also 'let love be your energy' is so cheesy and it's not exactly original. The amount of identical Robbie tattoos I've seen is amazing. Lots of 'no regrets' and Angels lyrics.

So, at the minute I am thinking of getting 'live in the light'. This isn't actually a lyric but it's taken from something Rob wrote in one of his blog posts in the summer of 2011, which has become somewhat of a personal mantra these days. I can't quite believe it was that long ago that he was blogging almost every day. He actually wrote to me in one of those blogs. Crazy. Anyway, the whole thing he wrote is

You are an immovable force with magic at your finger tips, it's now your choice how you use that magic... If you're reading this and thinking 'but it's just me and I'm not big enough or good enough to achieve' then that's exactly what you'll get... 
Live in the light or live in the dark, you choose

So it's pretty self-explanatory why I want it. It's uplifting and a positive message and it came from him, to us. I've often struggled with positivity and contemplated with the idea of me maybe having depression and always being too scared to get it diagnosed. I'm okay at the minute. I actually think it could be SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) so less dramatic than actual depression. We'll find out when I move to Spain if being in constant sunshine keeps me happy! (So I wrote this before I got to Spain. Sunshine isn't helping, oops)


Anyway yeah, that's the concrete idea I have at the minute. I don't know whether to write it myself or have someone with nice handwriting write it or use a font on the internet. These are some I'm choosing between.



 











I know, they're all incredibly similar so it doesn't really matter which I pick. Except it'd be on me forever so it kinda does. Anyway that's the style I want, kind of curly but clear handwriting. I think the top one is my favourite. But the bottom one was always the one I used in my 'loose lips sunk ships' design. Who knows. I'll probably chicken out anyway.

As for placement, I want it on the inside of my left arm. I always thought it was silly to get a tattoo somewhere you can't see it but in maintaining professionalism that doesn't really leave many options. I know getting it here would hurt because if you get nipped here it's really painful. I've caused bruises nipping people in that spot before. Oh well, what's a few hours of pain? I wrote on myself to take a photo to put on here and I actually really love it and and kind of want someone to just tattoo over it right now. Probably a bad idea since I'm actually writing this at 1AM.



It's a bit wonky and dodgy because I was writing on myself but I just think that is soooo cute. Will have to find a decent artist to do it because I have seen some awful tattoos and ain't nobody got time for that.

I'm also tempted to get something on my foot or around my ankle. Once again, somewhere that would really really hurt. Maybe I hate myself and want to cause myself loooooads of pain. I once thought of getting the Lanzarote logo on my foot but then it's not the prettiest logo. 


Maybe I could get it without the words. Who knows. I also kind of want something in Spanish but I don't really know what. I have a favourite Spanish word but it's not exactly deep - it's burbujas (bubbles). It just sounds so good! Ideally I'd like the Spanish equivalent of 'wanderlust' but I'm not sure there is one. Maybe 'viajero' (traveller). Or even just 'viajar' (travel). I'm too indecisive right now. I also really like anchors. Maybe I could get one of them. 

I might just sack it all and get a giant Newcastle United crest next to a portrait of Robbie Williams. Perfect. I should probably sleep.

Until next time, hasta luego.


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment