Wednesday 1 October 2014

SEPTEMBER MUSIC FAVOURITES

And so, another month has rolled around. THIS TIME I SPENT THE WHOLE BLUDDY THING IN SPAIN.
It's still weird. Anyway, we left August on a mix of Ricky Martin, Coldplay and Pavarotti. Let's see what happened in September, eh?



Nothing changes, I still have the best (worst) taste ever.


I had read so much about this song but never listened until a few days ago and oh my god I love it. I had it on repeat whilst I did a translation into Spanish and I don't think I've ever been so motivated. 


An oldie but a goodie. This month saw the news that everyone's favourite bench-enthusiast Jason Orange will be leaving the best man-band of all time, Take That. Following the announcement I decided to rewatch the documentary 'Look Back, Don't Stare' and listen to the Progress album and watch 'Progress Live' and this is potentially my favourite track from that album (except Eight Letters and The Flood). Hearing the line 'you're in a room with a rockstar' in a packed Wembley Stadium back in 2011 is one of my favourite memories ever.


Acapella group Pentatonix released their third album this month and it features a cover of this Stromae song. The sentiment of the song is so sad and so beautiful and their cover is incredible. I listen to this a lot on the tram to uni.


It's been almost a year since I saw Bastille live at my beloved UEA and I was reliving it and remembered this song and fell totally in love again. Bastille + 80s = HEAVEN.


No month is complete without a bit of ol' Blue Eyes. God I love him.


Recently I've been loving a bit of T-Swizzle. And then she released the awful video for this song, which put me off a bit. But I can't deny how much I love the music so I only ever listen and not watch because I am not interested in supporting that sham of a music video.


Whilst in Spain I thought I should probably be listening to some Spanish music so I've readded this to my playlist. Robbie in Spanish? Perfecto.


Once again, Spanish. The first week I was here there was a street party going on outside for about 5 days. And this was played every 40 minutes, no lie. Decided to just join the hype and love it as much as they do.


OH MY GOD I WAS SO EXCITED WHEN THEY RELEASED THIS. I cannot wait for some new One Direction music and then hopefully a tour announcement so I can FINALLY see them on tour. Just booked tickets to watch their concert film in the cinema with my sister while I'm at home and I can't cope with how much I'm looking forward to it. I prefer Fireproof to Steal My Girl but this was just the free track so hopefully the rest of the album will be even better!


Genuinely have the worst taste ever. I can't help it, it's catchy and dancey and I won't apologise.

Hasta luego, chicos.


No comments:

Post a Comment