Thursday 29 January 2015

C25K - WEEK THREE

So, as promised, a round up of week 3 of the Couch to 5k programme. Overwhelmed with support from my last post so thank you thank you.

WEEK THREE - 5 MINUTE WARM UP WALK, [90 SECONDS RUNNING, 90 SECONDS WALKING 3 MINUTES RUNNING 2 MINUTES WALKING] x2

W3R1 - 25/01/2015
Oh wow was the run difficult this morning. I guess it didn't help that yesterday I did Davina McCall's 'Super Body Workout' and then climbed up a 500ft castle, and the promenade at the beach was packed so I had to keep stopping and weaving between people. The jump up to 3 minutes was difficult but I'm so proud to have kept going during the runs but it was so so so hard. When I got home it felt like my calves just wouldn't move anymore, like they'd been filled up with concrete but my runner pal has given me some stretched to do so I don't quite feel like death anymore. Very tempted to just go to bed for the rest of the day.


W3R2 - 27/01/2015
Week 3 is so hard. I definitely found today easier than Sunday because there were less people around because the running bit is so hard. During the last 3 minute section 'Wake Me Up Before You Go Go' by Wham started playing and I could have killed George Michael right then and there. I'm still proud of myself for getting through it though. 

W3R3 - 29/01/2015
So happy that week 3 is over but also now v v v scared for week 4 because this run was so hard. Like the last run of each week is normally the easiest but today I felt like I could genuinely die. My jogs were so slow and I could have walked so much quicker but that's not the point. As if I'm a third of the way through though. I can definitely see benefits in that I'm happier in myself and I'm definitely improving. However I can also see how people drop out of the c25k programme around this time. It's really hard and you're not riding on the momentum of just starting anymore. Week 4 moves up to 5 minute chunks of running and that sounds like such a long time but I'm sure I'll get through it, I'll let you know.

Until next time,
hasta luego

twitter | tumblr | instagram | facebook | pinterest | goodreads | spotify | youtube

3 comments:

  1. So proud of you Katy! I wish I have the same motivation to do this. :) Keep it up, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sheila! Honestly I just imagine Harry Styles waiting for me at the end and it seems to work.

      Delete
    2. Whatever helps. :p If you add a dramatic/cinematic/theatrical last run towards your goal every time, I'd be even prouder.

      Delete