Monday 23 March 2015

CANCELLED CLASSES

Semester two of my year abroad here in Spain. I think by the end of this term I will only have attended 4 weeks of full classes. And that's not even because of 'Erasmus yolo let's skip woohoo!' I swear.

I don't know what it is but Spain loves a day off. It's great from the viewpoint of a bored erasmus student who doesn't want to go to class but if this happened back at UEA where seminars cost me about £60 each I'd be kicking off. But then I guess the españoles are super chill and mañana mañana so don't really care.

I've had days off because of teacher illness and teachers at conferences and teachers on exchange trips to Greece and huelgas (strikes) and puentes (where a huelga is on a Thursday so they take Friday off too making a puente ie bridge to the weekend) and festivos (bank holidays to celebrate this saint or that virgen or whatever else) and Easter and just all sorts.

The other day I realised I won't have a Friday at uni until the 8th of May because one week my teachers are at a conference and the week after I'm in Barcelona and the two weeks after that it's easter and the one after that is a festivo and the one after that I'm in England and the one after that is a festivo. Sorry Juan but I won't see you for translation class for a very long time. Actually not sorry. We spent 50 minutes discussing types of sugar in one of them. No thank you petal.

So basically, if you're coming to Spain for your year abroad, look forward to days off! Woohoo! Erasmus yolo!

Until next time,
Hasta luego

No comments:

Post a Comment