Thursday 8 January 2015

HELLO 2015

I think this might be the longest I've not blogged for. I won't apologise for being away because that's how so many blog posts start. Let's just consider this as my welcome back to blogging! How is everyone? Good start to 2015? I've had a great time.

So obviously I flew back to Newcastle on the 20th of December for crimbo which was just wonderful. My brother came and picked me up and it was the first time I'd been in a car he was driving and I felt like I might have died because he was going too fast but I think we were both just buzzin. We got chinese and then went home and it was so nice to have carpets and a nice sofa and chill at home. Then on the 21st we had our pre-Christmas Christmas with John and Lyndsey and the kids before they went to Ireland and also Laura and Ross and the kids and it was the first time in a while we'd done Christmas with proper little kids around and it was hectic and loud and messy and so so fab. When actual Christmas day rolled around it was so weird because the 21st felt like real Christmas. We missed having Nana and Granda there because they were in Lanzarote but they come home next week and we're having a fake Christmas then with my auntie and uncle and cousins and that will be beaut. 

Between Christmas and New Year nothing really happened. I went to the metro centre to get my laptop speakers fixed and the guy said it would cost £360. No thank you. I also spent £65 on a new charger. I hate Apple.

It got to 2015 so I had my first coke! And I didn't like it...  Very anticlimactic but I'm still glad I did my challenge and ultimately I have helped improve my health and bank balance and willpower so it was a good thing to do.

From the 2-5 of January my bezzie pal/ex housemate/favourite loser Cameron came up to visit me and we had such a great weekend. After such a long time of only seeing family it was fab to spend a few days with him. Even though he feels like family because our friendship is so platonic that he may as well be my brother. The first day he was here I took him on a tour of Newcastle and I realised I don't really know my way around the city at all. I know I bang on about it all the time but really when I say I miss Newcastle it's that I miss home/ Cramlington/ Northumberland/ the north-east in general. By doing a walking tour of the city I got to learn my way around and now I do know it a lot better. Like beforehand I knew loads of different places but not how to get between them and now I do. We went down to the quayside and then into the Baltic and then into town for Nando's at the Gate, and then through Chinatown and up to St James' Park. Then we got the bus home and instead of waiting til the bus stop near my house, we got off at my old high school and we took a little walking tour of Cramlington which was less interesting but still fab. Then we had Chinese with my brother and watched Role Models which was fab. Then on Sunday we went down to Blyth beach. Normal people just walk along the beach for half an hour, maybe a whole hour if they're pushing it. Nope. Not us. We walked from Blyth to Seaton Sluice and back (about 8 miles) and then tried to get the bus home but it didn't even run to Cramlington so we had to walk halfway home which was probably another mile or something daft. When we eventually stopped walking I was so so so cold and my legs hurt so bad. Monday was his last day in the toon so we ventured back into Newcastle, first exploring the Discovery museum and then wandering all over looking for a McDonald's, a walk through Eldon Square before saying goodbye. It wasn't our last one since I'll be in Norwich a little bit in April but after that it's gonna be a bit sketchy as to when we'll next see each other which is sad but such is grown up life. 

A photo posted by katybaines (@katybaines) on

Now he's gone I've realised I do have work to do, namely two essays which I have not started, as well as revision for two exams. So instead I've blogged. Oopsy. Tomorrow I'm visiting my grandparents before heading down to Middlesbrough. On Saturday I'm having a long awaited hair cut before spending the day with my cousins, and then heading back home to look after my crazy nieces! Then after that I really need to get my head down and try and do these essays. It's now less than two weeks before I head back to Spain, which is nuts. Although if I hadn't moved my translation exam I would have been flying back today, which is even crazier! 

I think I'll leave it there and try and write at least the introduction to my essay. I really really really must start it now!!!
Hasta luego

twitter | tumblr | facebook | instagram | pinterest | goodreads | spotify | youtube


No comments:

Post a Comment