Sunday 30 November 2014

NOVEMBER MUSIC FAVOURITES

I can't believe it's time again for me to write this post, it feels like just yesterday I was doing it for October! Whoever said the year abroad would fly was certainly right. I think this month has the least amount of weird music, times are changing.

So, this month was basically devoted to albums rather than single tracks. Some of my faves released albums this month (well actually Take That's comes out tomorrow but Europe received their copies this weekend) so let's have a look shall we. I think I'll go to Spotify first.




I think this was added because I downloaded the Radio 2 Sound's of the 80s album where current artists record old songs and whoever did this one didn't do it justice so I had to get the original. 

Wrapped Up - Olly Murs (and also Never Been Better)

You know for an X Factor reject, Olly has done spectacularly well for himself. I've actually been listening to his entire album that came out this month and I absolutely love the opening track 'Did You Miss Me?'. He's so fab. I really really really want to see him next year :( I've seen him live three times but never for his own show! On the X Factor tour I think he did maybe three songs tops, at Radio 1's Big Weekend in Carlisle he had a 15 minute set and then as support on Robbie Williams' Take the Crown tour last year he was sooooo good and had the stadium bouncing so I really want to see his own show.


Okay I found these live tracks on Spotify and couldn't resist. They released UK tour dates over the weekend and they're playing Newcastle's Metro Radio Arena next October (so it's a gig I can actually go to for once) so now I have an insane amount of ticket stress ready to try (and probably fail) and get some tickets on Saturday 6th December. Oh god I want to go so bad.


I rediscovered Lindisfarne this month, they're basically an old Geordie folksy band kind of and 'Run For Home' makes me cry because I really do want to run for home and it doesn't help that the home they're talking about is also the home I want to get to.


I think I watched someone do a cover of this on YouTube and just had to listen again to the original. Fab boys.



Okay, The Overtones feature on the new Michael Ball album and I love them so this is here, deal with my old lady music taste.


So this month saw the reunion of S Club 7 on the Children in Need appeal show and so I revisited my old favourite of their songs from back in the day. Such a tune.


No, this version isn't as good as Band Aid 20 but I couldn't not buy it, it's a charity Christmas single.


My babies. I know it's what all the fangirls say but this is definitely their best album so far. There's not a song I don't like and Harry's voice is so beaut and the lyrical content has matured so much from the early days and just ahhhhh I'm so proud haha. I need need need to see them live. Fave tracks are Clouds and Night Changes and Where Do Broken Hearts Go.


Now I wasn't that keen on a three-piece Take That but this album has shown me I should have never expected less than great things from the UK's favourite man band. Yes the first half album is a bit Gary heavy but that's understandable. Stand out track for me is actually a lead vocal from Mark called 'Into the Wild'. If they don't put this on their setlist for the tour next year I'm not going to go.

Well, that's it! Tomorrow Robbie Williams is releasing an album exclusive to robbiewilliams.com called 'Under the Radar Volume 1' full of b-sides and demos and unreleased tracks and I am sooooo excited. I imagine my December favourites will just be that album.

Until next time, hasta luego.


No comments:

Post a Comment