Saturday 15 November 2014

FIFTEEN FESTIVE FAVOURITES

So this week Tom Fletcher, his sister Carrie and wife Giovanna have all answered the 'Fifteen Festive Favourites' tag in YouTube videos and I decided since we're only a month (and a bit) away, I would join in via blog post. Also it gives me a distraction from doing my work. Muahahaha.


ONE - FAVOURITE FESTIVE FOOD

Well, it's gotta be pigs in blankets I think. I don't know why they aren't served all year round because they're sooooooo good. I can't wait. A Christmas dinner of exclusively pigs in blankets and a jug of gravy would be perfect.

TWO - FAVOURITE REINDEER

Comet because in The Santa Clause 2 (aka from the best Christmas film series) Comet eats too much chocolate and can't move and he's really funny. He's definitely the best.

THREE - FAVOURITE DAY OF CHRISTMAS (12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS)

Day one - a bra that could only hold three.
Any Geordie who has been to a pantomime will know what I mean.
Watch this video and marvel at how fab panto in the north east is. I'm so sad I don't get to go this year :(



FOUR COCKATHREES!

FOUR - FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS SONG

I have two and I differ each year. This year 'Last Christmas' by Wham! has won. Sorry Paul McCartney, I'll be back on 'Wonderful Christmastime' next year probably.

FIVE - FAVOURITE PRESENT

That I've ever gotten? I don't think I can ever pick one! However my stocking is the best part of my Christmas pile so we'll just go with that. My Mam fills it with crap and sweets but it's all so daft and it's my fave. Howie keeps trying to make her stop doing it but I refuuuuuuse.

SIX - FAVOURITE FESTIVE FILM

I mentioned it earlier, 'The Santa Clause'. The one with Tim Allen where Santa falls off his roof and because he took his coat he is contractually obliged to take over as Santa, under the Santa Clause. So good. I will watch any other Christmas film in the lead up but 'The Santa Clause' is our Christmas Eve film.

SEVEN - FAVOURITE CRACKER TOY

I like the daft magic tricks that nobody can ever work out, and the 'fortune telling fish' which is just a bit of red clingfilm. So crap.

EIGHT - FAVOURITE CRACKER JOKE

One snowman says to the other, "Hey, can you smell carrots?"

NINE - FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS DECORATION

On our tree we have these fluffy balls and when you squeeze them they laugh and it's so ridiculous. They have nothing to do with Christmas either. Also we have these toy santa things that say 'MERRY CHRISTMAS! HAVE YOU BEEN GOOD??' and then a stupid tune plays and Howie HAAAATES them and because we have two I like to play them in each of his ears. I'm so annoying.

TEN - FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS CANDLE SCENT

Errrrrm I don't have one? Not really that bothered about candles! Anything that doesn't have cinnamon, I hate that.

ELEVEN - FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS TV ADVERT

I really like the Coca Cola 'Holidays are coming!' one but that's a bit tainted for me this year because I'm still on my coke ban. Less than 50 days to go!



TWELVE - FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS TRADITION

Well usually it's the Saturday before Christmas where we go to Lau's Chinese buffet and then the matinée performance of the pantomime at either the Theatre Royal or the Tyne Theatre but this year it's ruined because I'll be in Alicante airport and my grandparents will be in Lanzarote :( booooooo

THIRTEEN - FAVOURITE PLACE TO SPEND CHRISTMAS

Well I've done Christmas on a plane before, that was fun. Nah, best place is at home isn't it. I like it best when I don't have to get dressed or leave the house.

FOURTEEN - FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS FACT

I don't really have any facts! I just read that the guy that wrote 'Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer' was Jewish. That's quite fun.

FIFTEEN - FAVOURITE SNOWMAN ACCESSORIES

I don't think I've ever been part of a successful snowman build! However I do like the carrot nose. If I ever draw a snowman I give him a top hat and I don't know why.

Awwwww now I feel really Christmassy and instead of being able to go and watch Miracle on 34th Street I have to go translate something about a mountain range. So not fun.
Until next time, hasta luego.



No comments:

Post a Comment