Saturday 29 November 2014

CRAWLING TO THE END OF THE SEMESTER

You know as the numbers get smaller they also get longer? In three weeks time I will be on a plane heading to Newcastle International Airport. Also known as the best airport in the world. But I can't keep thinking about my airport whilst there are still three weeks of this term left to go. 

Today is Saturday and instead of having a lie in I got up at 9am and started doing my work. I've already corrected 1/4 of one of my group translations and did my Spanish-English translation and am now halfway through my English-Spanish translation (which is infinitely harder since I'm not Spanish but we're dealing with it). I've taken a break to write this and watch 'Fred Claus' but all I really want to do is go to sleep in my double bed at home. But that can't happen so I'm not going to dwell on it.

This weekend I need to finish this second translation and update my lit/cin portfolio and get up to date on my eng-span portfolio and write up practica 8 and check through our rules and uses essay and also watch and read 'Much Ado About Nothing' and think of an essay topic and make a presentation for next Friday on that. I feel so snowed under. Except I don't because I'm in Spain and it doesn't snow here. 

My exams still haven't been arranged because of the Spanish 'mañana mañana' attitude and I really need them to be arranged because otherwise I have to come back here dead early and I don't want to. Organising those exams will be my mission this week. As well as that stupid essay idea. OH MY GOD WHY.

I think the next two weeks will fly and also drag but also fly. That last week is going to kill me. I hate waiting. 

This week I bought tickets to see Ed Sheeran on the 11th July at Wembley Stadium and that's really really exciting. Also on Monday a new Robbie Williams album full of b-sides and demos and unreleased tracks and that's really really really exciting. New Robbie music is really exciting. It's definitely going to get me through the next three weeks. 

This image is my life. Someone tell me it's not just me who's struggling.



Until next time, hasta luego.


No comments:

Post a Comment