Tuesday 22 July 2014

SIX WEEKS TO GO

I am already awful at updating this blog. Maybe I'll be better when I'm actually in Spain!
Anyway, as the title suggests, it's six weeks until I'm off to the Costa Blanca for at least ten months. Madness.


I haven't really started getting organised, so far it's just been a nightmare trying to get the ERASMUS paperwork sorted out. It would be relatively straight forward if my Spanish university agreed to sign my English university's form. However, c'est la vie. I've been doing a lot of signing and scanning in of my signature. Be prepared if you have to do a year abroad!


As for what's left, I'm not even sure I'm fully aware of what needs doing! I know there's a ERASMUS grant form coming soon. Hopefully. Kind of relying on that money to fund all the travelling I'm planning on doing so I hope that comes before I go! Alicante recently sent me e-mails about a Buddy system which I've signed up for, and a Catalan language course which I'm quite hesitant about. In first semester along with the five modules I've signed up for (one of which being French) I'll be taking an intensive Spanish language course. Realistically I shouldn't need it because I've been doing Spanish for two years now at uni but it's mainly just a refresher because I've not really been speaking over the summer and I'm going to need all the help I can get whilst I'm out there. Anyway I think I'm going to be pretty busy in first semester what with all that plus the adjustment and the friend making and the trying to fend off homesickness! So I don't know about taking an extra class, particularly Catalan as it scares me a bit. The information they sent us about the course was all in Catalan... it just looked like someone had been typing in Spanish but had missed the keys and spelled everything wrong! I don't know. I'll update you if I decide to take it up! Maybe I'll even learn some by accident, although Alicante locals will tell me I'm speaking Valencian.


I need to sort out some year abroad specific travel insurance but all the ones I've looked into only let you take out the policy 30 days before you leave. I need to get some passport photos ready because all the year abroad sites say they're totally necessary. My time at the minute is spent looking for year abroad checklists and making my own and trying not to panic. I read somewhere yesterday that nobody in Spain wears flip flops and that freaked me out because they're my favourites and I don't want to be shunned by the entire Spanish population for my choice in footwear! Speaking of, I do need to get some decent trainers. Can't climb up that castle/mountain thingy in sandals can I?


Six weeks from now I will officially live in Alicante. Excuse me whilst I go scream into a pillow with panic!


Hasta luego.


twitter | tumblr | instagram | facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment