Monday 30 June 2014

SCRAPBOOK PRIDE

Hey pals.

Today I want to talk about my scrapbook. 
I've always been surrounded by creative people and been jealous of what they could create. I have lots of ideas in my head but they never really work how it's supposed to. Plus Pinterest ruins my entire self-esteem in the creativity department. 


However, I am incredibly proud of my scrapbook. I'd kept lots of different things on my pinboards in my bedroom for years but in 2012 I knew I was off to uni and wanted to bring all my stuff with me. I decided on a 'smash book', a range of scrapbooks which came with a glue stick/pen thing and each one was differently themed. I bought this one, the 'international' theme because I thought it was appropriate with my area of study, so some of the pages had words in foreign languages, a street map of Paris, a flamenco dancer, and the tube in London.
Anyway, getting to the point, I've almost filled every page and I'm really proud of how it looks. I'm going to upload a photo of each page and give a commentary (ish). There are about 40 photos so click off now if you're easily bored. This is mainly for me and if my book ever goes missing at least it's online! 
Here we go then...

So the first page is basically a collection of photos of the age I was when I compiled this book so like 2010-2014. There aren't really nice photos of me, other than the one in the bottom right corner of me and my pal Beth. The majority of these photos are of me whilst very drunk. They kind of show why I don't drink very often. Oh well. It'll be fun to look at when I'm old.



Next is the 'introduction' page designed by the book company I assume, with the word 'hello' in various languages. I also added some photos of me, my brother and my cousins when we were little and some doodles I did. V cute. Also the Newcastle United badge because why not?




This one has various tickets, including the musical my cousin was in, Haven holiday park passes to get into the activities centre thing, cinema tickets for the Justin Bieber movie (yeah, I know), the Inbetweeners Movie, Paranormal Activity 3 and the Wolf of Wall Street. There's also an Alton Towers ticket, a business card for a beautiful Indian restaurant in Seaton Burn, a ticket to a musical put on by my old school and the business card of my wonderful friend James. Finally, the ticket and wristband from Radio 1's Big Weekend in Carlisle in 2011, and a flyer for a Christian rock band myself and my bezzie Cameron stumbled upon on my birthday in Norwich last year. I don't think I've ever heard any more aggressive music, ever.  



Yet another page of tickets! This has my Soccer Aid 2012 tickets along with a photo of Robbie Williams and Jonny Wilkes, a ticket to JLS and the flyer from that concert, then tickets to the X Factor Live 2009, so Joe McElderry/Olly Murs/Jedward, Will Young and Lee Evans.



One of my favourite pages. This is my page for Take That's 2011 Progress Live tour and I love it so much because all of the different things overlap, like the wristband from General Admission and the Om from the plastic bag and the ticket from Sunderland and a screenshot confirming my order. This page also has a Take That bracelet, a photo I took of Robbie and other photos I stole from the internet, a tube ticket and my Wembley show ticket. Most importantly I have two pieces of ticker tape, one from the Stadium of Light and one from Wembley. Fave.



Another highlight. This one comprises all the contact I've had with Robbie/Jonny/Gary Barlow so it has another Progress ticket from Sunderland, screenshots from when I played online poker with Robbie (a story for another day), tweets from Gary and Jonny, some photos and a screenshot of Rob's message to me on his blog about his album, 'Rudebox'. Sometimes I forget how much interaction I've had with my faves and having them all stuck down here together reminds me how lucky I am and how thankful I am to live in the age of social media. 



This page looks quite empty compared to the last few! It's not really a coherent collection; there's tweets from Gareth Malone (the choirmaster), stamps from Germany and Italy, a note from youtuber Leena Norms when she sent me a book in the post, some interior design inspirational photos from Pinterest and the invitation to my friend Paige's 13th birthday party. She's 20 now so this shows how long I've kept it!



This one is the first of my pages dedicated to The Overtones! It has the ticket from the first time I saw them, photos I took of them on stage, a photo they took from the stage of the audience and I circled myself and my friend Emma in the third row. I also have a lot of their tweets to me, 15 I think. That's not even all of them. They reply to me a lot more often than Gary Barlow.



This page isn't really finished and again it's just a mixture of little bits and pieces. It has two bracelets, one from my friend Hollie and one made by my friend Jess. A business card for my stepdad's business (if you need any racking doing, contact this guy), a business card for the hotel we stayed in in Aberystwyth when I went for my open day at the university there, a sticker that says 161 because that was the house number of my house last year, and the packing of the 'emergency chocolate' my Nana bought me. Also in the middle there is a 'rocket' me and my friend Hollie made the first night we hung out together. Its a piece of grass between two bits of plastic we found on the floor. We discovered our mutual weirdness that night and have been best friends ever since. The next page has a 'top 10' list and I've never found any inspiration for it. I'll get it done one day. 



This is my Lanzarote page. My family aren't really one for holiday photos so I have the two that exist in my scrapbook. There's also photos of a plane on the runway at Arrecife airport, the ice cream stand we always go to, and the Lanzarote logo. I have some of the tickets they put on luggage, two boarding passes and a train ticket, as well as my 18th banner as I spent my birthday out there.



The first of the Robbie concert pages! This is from the show in Leeds 2012, at the O2 academy. This little ballrooms tour was very last minute and the fact I even managed to snap up tickets was a miracle! Not only that but I was front row of the balcony so I had a perfect view. On here I have my ticket for the gig and train ticket, photos of Rob that I took, the setlist and a selection of tweets I posted after the gig. To this day it's one of the best Rob shows I've seen. I couldn't hear for three hours after leaving that tiny venue.



This next one is like a collection of school things; I have my year 11 prom ticket, year 11 class photo, school badge from my middle school jumper, and an invitation to the closing celebration of my middle school. Also I have the UEA logo and a screenshot of my UCAS page showing my five conditional offers from the universities I applied to, UEA, Aberystwyth, Hull, Leicester and Portsmouth. There's also some stupid things from my tech systems classes, a piece of plastic that says Russ from my friend Russell and a bracelet that he snapped. 



The most recent page! This is my page for Rob's Swings Both Live tour, so I have my three tickets, my glittery wristband, photos I actually took of Rob and 10 pieces of ticker tape. It made me sad to throw away the other 30. This is one of my favourite pages because it actually looks like how I wanted it to in my head. It's layered and creative and cute (in my opinion) and I like it a lot. 



This is quite a feminine page, featuring photos I've stolen from Pinterest. One corner has nail varnish inspiration which I will never be able to be copy but its nice to look at. Then there's a corner for jewellery I've seen and want, the most beautiful pair of shoes I've ever seen and then a tattoo corner. Maybe. I've always been in two minds about tattoos. I also have some doodles I did on there. I want to fill up this page but I think it looks pretty as it is so I'm not really sure.



This is a very blank page. It has my first lottery ticket (it didn't win) and a photo of our dog Poppy, who has passed away now. Look at him, he's got a dummy! He was a dummy.



This is my Paris page. I don't really like it, it's just multiple photos of the Eiffel tower, lots of carnet tickets for the metro and the boarding pass from when we went there last March. 



This is a page dedicated to my internet bezzie Lauren. We met on Twitter (I think) in 2011 (I think) and I love her lots. I have tweets from her and a birthday message she sent me and the first drawings we exchanged. I drew a ninja crab and she drew me with Robbie Williams. We finally met in September 2013 and I have a photo of us along with train tickets from Norwich to Colchester (me to her) and tickets to the One Direction movie which we saw together in an empty cinema and the ticket for the Colchester sight-seeing tour. There aren't really any sights in Colchester but we had fun. Miss ya Weavez x



Oh this page. This is so funny. It has screenshots of MSN chat logs and silly tweets and photos. This page is for me to relive year 10 of high school I think. 



One of the less interesting Robbie/Take That pages. It's just silly photos I found and a tweet that Gary Barlow sent me. This needs filling. Might stick some One Direction in and it can be a boyband appreciation page.



Another page of tweets. A lot of them are my own tweets that I found particularly funny so printed them out, I'm such a loser. There's also tweets from Matt Edmonson, Greg James and Gareth Malone. 



Another mismatch page which needs filling with stuff. The ginger beermat reminds me of sixth form maths lessons and how much me and my friends fancied our maths teacher. He was ginger. And hot. In a maths teacher kind of way.



This is a page of photos of school friends, and the card from my surprise 16th birthday party thrown by my beautiful aforementioned bestie, Hollie. That girl is a wonder.



This is a family photo page. Its pretty scarce and one of the photos is repeated! Its mainly me with my cousins or my brother when we were little. We used to be cute. 



This is my wanderlust page. I really really really want to travel and see places and be places that aren't cold like northern England. I just added some nice landscape photos I took in Lanzarote because even though I want to travel I eventually want to settle in Lanzarote because it's amazing and beautiful and the weather is PERFECT.



The year 13 prom page! This was our good prom because there was alcohol. I was so drunk at prom. Its sad because the last time I saw the majority of the people in these photos was that night. Aw pals. Also I have my prom ticket because my name is written really nicely (thanks Jess). The background of this page says 'arrivederci' (see you later in Italian) which I thought was quite apt. 



This is the start of a page for LCS pals! There are more photos but they aren't printed yet. The ones I have are a polaroid of me and my friend Stefano from a day out in Norwich's plantation garden with our pal Luke, then a photo with my beautiful friends Gemma and Georgia, and an LCS class photo back when we were baby freshers. Its gonna be so cute to compare this one to our graduation photo. 



The Palladium page! This needs photos but I wasn't allowed to take any in the venue. I'm going to print some out and add them to our tickets, train tickets and wristbands. This was a special show and I'm so glad I got to be there.



A page for Freshers Week! We were all so drunk in all of these photos. There's also tweets, wristbands and a ticket to see Greg Davies on here. This all seems so long ago. 



Another of many Robbie pages. This is mainly photos of him but also some quotations I took from his blog posts which I find very inspirational (lol cheese). "In all of us there is a diamond that will never crack" is my favourite from this page.



This is much like the previous page. My favourite quotation on here is "Live in the light or live in the dark, you choose". I am incredibly tempted to have "live in the light" tattooed but we'll have to see if I'm brave enough. 



This is my page from the Take the Crown Live tour. This is another that I really love because its full and layered and has lovely photos, along with our tickets, wristbands and setlist. There's also the cinema ticket from the live broadcast of his show in Tallinn. Last year's tour was incredible and I'm so sad I only made it to one show. I wish they'd hurry up and release the DVD.



A page dedicated to Take That! Faves include photos of Grumpy Gary Barlow.



A less than impressive page for when I went to see Rob at London's O2 arena in November 2012. Again, this needs more photos and once I print some this will look a lot better than just tickets for the show and a tube ticket. 



The second page for The Overtones! This has more tickets, more tickets and photos from when I went to see them in March 2014! They really are wonderful boys and put on a fabulous show.



A UEA page! This has photos from campus, at the lake and on a snow walk, as well as my ticket and programme to the French play which my friends were in, and an amazing photo of my friend Beth popping her head out of the window. I couldn't resist.



Here we have a gig page, with my tickets to the two Chris Ramsey shows I've been to in Norwich along with the photo of when we met him (and he recognised me as the Twitter stalker, no joke), ticket and photo from when we saw Lewis Watson, tickets for Beyoncé, Bastille, Carl Hutchinson at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and my wristband from North East Live 2013. There's also a few train tickets and cinema tickets for Captain Phillips and American Hustle. 



I get on the train quite a bit then... Also I have the card Nando's sent me with a £10 gift voucher. I can't even remember why. I'm very glad they did though.




A final page of silly stuff from first year at uni, like a Halloween group photo, helpline telephone numbers, a cinema ticket for Skyfall and a flyer for Meningitis because we thought Cameron might have developed it. (He hadn't).



The goodbye page! 'Goodbye' in various languages and a train map that Natwest sent me with my railcard. I go on the train too often to not know how my journey from Newcastle to Norwich goes. 



Finally, a pocket of little silly things I want to keep but have no room to stick in, like christmas cards and my favourite Chinese takeaway menu. Also a photo of Harry Styles and one of One Direction in Newcastle United shirts. I have no reasoning behind it.

And there we have it! This might have been boring to you but it was nice for me to go through my scrapbook. This blog has become another attempt for me to get my creative side out, maybe it's working, I don't know.

Until next time, hasta luego!


No comments:

Post a Comment