Sunday 27 July 2014

161 PLAYLIST

One bad thing about a year abroad is it will inevitably tear you apart from your uni friends who don't study languages. My housemates of second year will be continuing to live together for third year while I'm away and when I get back they will have graduated meaning we never get to live together ever again :(


One of the things we did to help curb my homesickness and palsickness whilst I'm away was to make a playlist of all of our favourite songs. We bonded over a variety of ridiculous songs and an unironic love for the boyband Blue. I'm missing them a lot today so I decided to stick the playlist on, and wanted to share it.




There are over 200 songs on here and it lasts 15 hours. That's a lot of memories and a lot of opportunity for embarrassing choices. I'm gonna put it on shuffle and just list the first few songs that play. Hopefully the weirdest ones will come on.

NUMBER ONE - LEAVE (GET OUT) - JOJO

Early 00s R'n'B. Classic.

NUMBER TWO - MAN! I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN - SHANIA TWAIN

Who doesn't love Shania? Plus James loves country and this is our country influence.

NUMBER THREE - XO - JOHN MAYER

Encompassing all of our loves. Obviously Beyoncé is the queen but this year Cameron discovered John Mayer and played him to me and now I love him. He's definitely one of my faves.

NUMBER FOUR - CRAZY CHICK - CHARLOTTE CHURCH

Towards the end of the year we all realised we'd loved this song when it came out. What ever happened to Charlotte Church? This song is fab, you should go listen.

NUMBER FIVE - SHE'S LIKE THE WIND - PATRICK SWAYZE

One of the best songs ever. Heart Radio play it at least 3 times a week. This was one of the first songs Cameron and I discovered was a mutual favourite and now whenever I hear it I think of him.

NUMBER SIX - FLY BY II - BLUE

The best Blue song. Blue means so much to me and to 161 and I can't wait for the day we all go to a Blue concert and meet Antony Costa.

NUMBER SEVEN - FERNANDO - ABBA

A recent addition to the playlist. Beth and James want me to find a man in Spain but they think they're all called Fernando, so obviously this ended up on here. Amazing.

NUMBER EIGHT - WHITE MAN IN HANOI - ROBBIE WILLIAMS

Cameron thinks this is the worst song Robbie Williams ever created. Go listen to the chorus and you might find out why.

NUMBER NINE - NO-ONE KNOWS - N-DUBZ

When everyone found out I used to listen to N-Dubz in my wannabe charva days they found it hilarious. However we found out Gary Barlow is on the writing credits for this song. It had to go on there.

NUMBER TEN - BAD BOYS - ALEXANDRA BURKE

When Beth bought her MacBook this is the first song she played on it. That girl is a wonder.

NUMBER ELEVEN - BREATHE EASY - BLUE

Cruel to the eyeeeeeee. Another Blue classic! I told you we love Blue. The music video for this is amazing although Antony Costa is a bit left out. Bless him. This live version of Breathe Easy is incredible. 



Also we like the Italian version of Breathe Easy, A Chi Mi Dice. Such talent.

NUMBER TWELVE - INSATIABLE - DARREN HAYES

Cameron likes to sing along to this in his sexiest voice. It's quite disturbing.


We couldn't make a playlist for those guys to remember me without a Take That classic on there.

NUMBER FOURTEEN - AMBITIONS - JOE MCELDERRY

Joe McElderry truly has a gift for songwriting. See the lyric "the feelings that I feel when I feel".

NUMBER FIFTEEN - GASOLINA - DADDY YANKEE

The song that started it all. Dame más gasolina indeed. She loves the petrol.


I think I'm going to stop now. We are so weird. This playlist is going to cheer me up so much when I'm away, all of the songs hold so many memories. I miss my pals a lot. Gonna stop writing before I start crying haha #totesemosh.

Until next time, hasta luego.

twitter | tumblr | instagram | facebook | pinterest | goodreads | spotify | youtube


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment