Tuesday 29 July 2014

OH UEA IS WONDERFUL

I'll just say it. I miss UEA. 
I'm really sad that I won't get to study at UEA until September 2015 but hopefully UA will live up to our magnificent concrete jungle (where dreams are made of, there's nothing you can't dooooo).


For those of you not lucky enough to study at UEA (you really should have applied) then I apologise for giving you all of the jealousy in this post as I describe the best university in the whole entire world ever. No exaggeration or bias.

UEA is in Norwich which is in Norfolk which is the capital of England's farmland. I think, I could be lying. I'm not sure if you've ever looked at a map but Norfolk is so awkward to get to. Because it's in a daft little bump if you're travelling from the north you have to travel straight down and then basically take a right angle (like a triangle) to get there. This photo shows my train journey (which I love sooooooo much).



So awkward. It also means that any time I want to travel between my northern and southern hometowns, I have to stop in Peterborough. My hatred of that place deserves a whole other blog, it is awful.


BUT BACK TO THE WONDER THAT IS UEA.




It sounds super cheesy but as soon as I saw the UEA website I knew it was the one, a feeling only further intensified when I came down for my applicants open day. There is such a friendly feeling wherever you go on campus. The student union LCR is always loud (not that I have much experience inside but I did live 20 seconds from it in first year so I can testify that people enjoy it). I hate the library because silence and I don't really go well together but the views are nice. 


This is a photo I took from floor 01 so just imagine the views from floor 3 of our wonderful lake. Speaking of, here it is. 


In summer, when the sun is out most students flock to the square with a drink (or three) and bask in the sun instead of revising. I definitely haven't done that. Nope. 

However I can't lie, being an LCS student, I rarely leave one particular room in the Arts building and thus wouldn't be great at showing a fresher around campus. LCS stands for Language and Communication Studies and we are lucky enough to have a resources room specifically for language learning, called the James Platt Centre, or the JPC. More often than not you'll find myself or one of my friends pretending to do work in the JPC. The thing about LCS is we study communication so obviously we have to talk to each other. All of the time. But always about work. Yep. Definitely. I miss the JPC so much right now because I haven't seen my pals since June and won't see them all together until next September. Sad face.

Writing this has made me super homesick. If you're choosing universities at the minute, please choose UEA. If you're considering a postgraduate course, choose UEA. If you live somewhere other than the UK, do a year abroad at UEA. JUST PICK UEA. OH UEA IS WONDERFUL.

Until next time, hasta luego.


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment: