Saturday 26 July 2014

YOUTUBE

Sometimes I forget not a lot of people watch YouTube. I don't mean like not going on to search for music and stuff but actually repeatedly watching certain people. Over the last few years, YouTube has grown so big and it's definitely a business now. Most of the people I watch are signed to a management company and make big money for their videos. They take sponsorship deals and are paid to make appearances at events and have people paying (and queueing for hours on end) to meet them. A lot have a certain schedule they stick to and have names for their 'fandom'. They have merchandise and apps and millions upon millions of subscribers. It's not a surprise that to many they are the future of entertainment.


Today I just wanted to write about some of my favourite YouTubers and I recommend you check them all! I'm subscribed to almost 150 channels so this is just a small selection.

SPRINKLE OF GLITTER

Louise is a beauty/lifestyle vlogger and while I'm not really bothered about make up and stuff, I love her videos. She makes funny, chatty lifestyle videos and often collabs with other YouTubers. She recently made this really intelligent video discussing YouTube culture which shows she isn't just concentrated on the beauty section of the community. Also, I really love her vlog channel where she normally posts day in the life videos, sometimes from glamorous locations like film premieres and theme parks and then there are the ones at home with her adorable daughter Darcy and they're just so cute. She's my fave.

JACKSGAP

Jack's channel started as little vlogs in his bedroom but has progressed into making wonderful short films with his (equally gorgeous) twin brother Finn. Last year they raised so much money for the Teenage Cancer Trust by travelling across India in a tuk-tuk, and the trailer for that series is here. His videos might not be on a regulated schedule but I always anticipate one being released and they're always of great quality and I really enjoy them all.

JUST KISS MY FROG

Leena's is fast becoming my favourite channel ever. Along with book reviews, she posts videos about feminism (which teach me a lot) and recently uploaded a bit of slam poetry. I think she's really funny and very articulate in what she says to the camera. I can't believe she only has 20k subscribers but I bet those 20k love her videos as much as I do.

SHAYTARDS

The Butler family (headed by Shay) from Idaho post daily vlogs and quite often I'll stay up until the early morning waiting for them to be uploaded. With over 2 million subscribers and one BILLION views on their channel, they're already pretty famous. They co-founded Maker Studios which was recently bought by Disney for $500m. YouTube has definitely changed their lives. They're definitely not everyone's cup of tea - they are a Mormon family and quite often are a bit obnoxious (soz) but I do enjoy their videos and since I watch them daily I couldn't really not put them on the list!

ROSIANNA HALSE ROJAS

Rosianna posts multiple videos per week, many of which being book reviews and discussions of sexism. I don't really know how she finds the time as her full time job is being personal assistant to John Green (fellow YouTuber and man of the moment aka author of The Fault in Our Stars) in America. Even though she lives in London. I just think she's amazing. She recently uploaded this video in Spanish and it made me love her even more.

SUPERFRUIT

Mitch and Scott are part of the massively successful a cappella group Pentatonix, who you've probably seen in this video. It has 43 million views so I'll be surprised if you haven't. Mitch and Scott post a video every Tuesday, normally a challenge or a game or something and they're always really funny. The best ones are when they sing because their voices are amaaaaazing. See the BEYONCÉ video.

And those are my faves! I also recommend Carrie Fletcher (yeah, Tom's sister), Hazel Hayes, Las Palabras de Fa, and Ben Cook, creator of Becoming Youtube.  

Who do you guys watch, if any? Let me know.
Until next time, hasta luego.

twitter | tumblr | instagram | facebook | pinterest | goodreads | spotify | youtube


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment