Monday 11 May 2015

A MONTH?!

I have a month left in Spain. Like. NOOOOO
Although if you follow me on Twitter you'll be like "eh what Katy shut up man all you ever do is whinge about wanting to be home"
Which is also true


I don't think I'm going to miss living in Spain. I will miss my friends and the weather and the freedom but I will not miss the homesickness and the mañana mañana and the ridiculous amount of uni work. This week and next week I have 4 presentations set. Like that is not humane. We already did the first one and it was in English and we got told we spoke too fast but I'm now past caring like soz españoles yous speak quickly too. Prepared for the next one, just got two more to put together. And coursework to do. And exams. And then the stupid essay for UEA. It's just all so pointless but I guess we have to do it so I will whinge and soldier on.

But it's fine because this week I can get a decent bit of work done and then next week I get to go home and see my pals which will be fab fab fab. Already got ridiculous plans to make fish pie and to go on a mystery adventure (2/10 excitement) and collect a free Gregg's sausage roll and go to a chinese buffet and also go see Taylor Swift. No biggie. I know my last blog post was me panicking that a week away from Spain was too long but now I feel like it's not going to be enough. Just wanna stay with me pals forever and a day.

Then I come back here, do some exams and then my best pal since we were 6, Paige, is coming for a weekend, which will be so beaut. We've not had any proper pal time since sixth form so how better to have it than a weekend of sun sea sand and sangria. Perfect.

And then it's my last week and I go hooooooome. And then to Lanzarote for a week. And then hooooooooome for good! Then I have some lovely summer plans like Take That with my sissy and London with Chels to see Ed Sheeran and the Harry Potter studio tour thingy which will be fab. Still toying with the idea of going back to Barcelona to see Robbie Williams. Might wait til I'm home to let Mam talk me out of that one. Also my beaut future housemate just secured a summer internship in Paris so might take myself off there. Who knows. The world is my jellyfish.

AND THEN BACK TO UEA WE GO. I'm so excited. Like I'm worried about having to do work again that actually counts but the thought of being reunited with my friends overrides all of that like I get to live with new pals and see people who've lived in JAPAN!!!! and rule the JPC as finalists and just have an overall FAB time whilst panicking about dissertations in the bar. FAB. 

I am just so ready to go now I think. My year abroad has been amazing like I can't pretend that I've not enjoyed it. Yes it's been hard but the good weekends have outweighed the bad weeks and I am happy. It's just exhausting. It's exhausting always being where your friends aren't and always having to think twice about words and always having to read texts with effort and always being homesick and always just being an erasmus alien. Like it's amazing but it's not a holiday and everyone forgets. I forgot. They told me I was moving to the Costa Blanca and all thoughts of effort just flew away but it's been hard. But it's fine because everyone finds it hard. And you're a liar if you say every single second has been fun and easy because that's just a lie like you know it's a lie so why lie??

I don't know. This got rambly. I was feeling sorry for myself but then rang home and was on the phone to my friends for two hours and now I'm happy so forgive the rambles. I'm off to enjoy my last few weeks. The next two will be hard but it's all plain sailing after next Thursday. Easy peasy

Hasta luego or whatever
BYE NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment