Thursday 12 February 2015

C25K - WEEKS FOUR & FIVE

Here we go again! Decided to write the two weeks together so my year abroad blog wouldn't become my running blog and also because I got tired and forgot hahaha. Starting to feel more like I'm actually running and less like a tortoise doing one minute at a time, yaaaaay!


WEEK FOUR - 5 MINUTE WARM UP WALK, 3 MINUTE RUN, 90 SECOND WALK, 5 MINUTE RUN, 2 1/2 MINUTE WALK, 3 MINUTE RUN, 90 SECOND WALK, 5 MINUTE RUN, 5 MINUTE COOL DOWN WALK

W4R1 - 31/01/2015
Weather not so great in Alicante today, cold and grey and windy, but I went out and ran anyway. The programme is starting to kick my arse; weeks 1 and 2 were okay but it's definitely getting harder. Today was the first time I was running more than I was walking I think. The first 3 minute run was fine and then the first 5 minutes made me want to die haha. I'm so so so proud of not stopping though. This thing is so mental, it's all in your head whether you stop or not. At one point I was just like, can I still breathe? Yep. Are my legs still going? Yep. So you're not gonna die, keep moving. My legs were aching when I got in but the sense of pride for actually finishing and not giving up totally rules over that. I'm still going slower than a tortoise but it doesn't matter because a month ago running for 60 seconds non stop made me so out of breath it's unreal but now I can go for 5 minutes and I know I'm probably annoying people posting about this non stop but I'm just proud of myself okay cool bye.

W4R2 - 03/02/2015
Five minute runs make my legs hurt but it feels like it might be getting better? Or not? I don't know. I've come so far since week 1 though. The last 90 second walk before the final 5 minute run felt like about 9 seconds, it was unreal. I just keep reminding myself that I'm not going to die and I'm so lucky to be able to run along the beach and in the sun rather than in the snow back home. One last week 4 to go and then I'm scared of week 5 but slowly slowly, it's all good.

W4R3 - 05/02/2015
I can't quite believe I managed to do a month's worth of this programme. I'm so so close to halfway and never want to stop. Today's run was amazing; yes it hurt and yes I probably wanted to walk instead of run but I didn't. It actually hurt more when I stopped running than having to keep pushing on. Not gonna lie, seeing other people running my route is a bit sad because they're always faster than me but I believe in the programme and just gotta keep going. Happy days.

W5R1 - 07/02/2015
5 MINUTE WARM UP WALK, 5 MINUTE RUN, 3 MINUTE WALK, 5 MINUTE RUN, 3 MINUTE WALK, 5 MINUTE RUN, 5 MINUTE COOL DOWN WALK

First run of week five went really well but I think that's because there was no increase in distance. At times when I was running I kept thinking "this is probably my favourite one so far" and "I can do this" and all that motivational stuff. I felt like I could carry on running and it hurt more when I stopped and then started again. I have great faith that I'll be able to handle the increase to 8 minute bursts on Tuesday, especially since there are only two of them. I can definitely tell this challenge is more mental than physical.

W5R2 - 10/02/2015
5 MINUTE WARM UP WALK, 8 MINUTE RUN, 5 MINUTE WALK, 8 MINUTE RUN, 5 MINUTE COOL DOWN WALK

Today's run felt like it was over in no time at all, probably because there were only three chunks. Once again I came home thinking it had been my favourite one yet and I'm just so surprised at myself for being able to go run 8 minutes non stop. Week 1 you run 8 minutes altogether within half an hour. It's mind blowing that that wasn't even a month ago. The next one is the big one, the hurdle everyone on the forum panics about and then does well on anyway and I'm both terrified and excited. Hopefully I'll get through it. I get to pick up my new trainers later so hopefully they'll help me along the way!

W5R3 - 12/02/2015
5 MINUTE WARM WALK UP, 20 MINUTE RUN, 5 MINUTE COOL DOWN WALK

I don't think I can even put this one into words. I thought I might skip today because I was feeling so so rubbish and the weather was awful but I was lured into it by my new shoes and the fact that it was the infamous c25k hurdle. It genuinely couldn't have gone better! I started off slower than I usually go but it meant I kept the same pace for the entire 20 minutes and even sped up a bit in the last few minutes. When Laura (the lady on the app) said I'd finished I didn't believe her and kept going and it was just ridiculous. How is this even possible? It's such a mental barrier because I didn't hurt and my legs are okay now which means I have more to give, I just had to believe that I could keep going. It made me feel so so so much better about life - I can do anything babyyyyyy.

So, thanks for reading and helping me along this journey/challenge/whatever it is. I'm a v happy gal.
Until next time, hasta luego

twitter | tumblr | instagram | facebook | pinterest | goodreads | spotify | youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment