Friday 20 June 2014

I FORGOT TO BLOG AGAIN

Hey gang!

Well. It’s been a while, hasn’t it? I’m now home (in the north) for summer so I thought I’d ease back into blogging with somewhat of a catch-up post/basically a write up of my life over the last month. It’s been a little bit of a whirlwind for me; I feel like I’ve been here, there and everywhere so hopefully this post can help organise my mind before I have to think about, yknow, MOVING TO SPAIN FOR A YEAR.

So the last time we met it was mid-May and I was ‘revising’ for my exam. Pfffft. I’m currently looking through my one line a day five-year diary to see what I did since then. I spent a lot of time in May in the languages resources room (JPC) on campus with my beautiful friend Georgia. I miss her a lot. Damn London being too scary for me to visit. I voted for the first time ever in May! Over the last year I’ve become a lot more politically aware, no doubt thanks to my politics student housemate James and so I decided I had to vote so at least I could complain when UKIP did so well, knowing I had exercised my right to vote.

Over the last few months, my housemates Beth and the aforementioned James have discovered my (sometimes) ironic love for the boyband Blue and have jumped on the bandwagon. I don’t know what it is about them but they are so funny. Anyway, long story short, one night we were taking the piss out of Antony Costa and I changed my Twitter bio pretending to be him and tweeted him and he ended up following me. And unfollowing me. And following me again. INCREDIBLE.  

I finally watched the final film in Cedric Klapisch’s film series, “Casse-tête Chinois” in May and I thought it was so good, really complementing and wrapping up the story of the other two films. I think I’ll watch the whole series and write a review for here at some point over the summer because I am already monumentally bored.

I got to listen to One Direction perform at Sunderland’s Stadium of Light! I say listen to because it was actually over the phone. My amazing friend Hollie rang me for the entire thing. Somehow I managed to make an amazing friend in her despite how annoying I am. The boys sounded wonderful over the screams of 50,000 teenage girls. I really would like to see them but their timing this year hasn’t matched with mine which is very disappointing.

On May 30th I hit 150 days without coke and decided to celebrate by buying plane tickets to Lanzarote for the beginning of June (more on that later). I finally did my Spanish exam, after about 6 weeks of revision. I think it went well! I remember I was happy coming out of it; the essay question was really nice and the piece we had to translate I had done the day before. And then we were free!

Between my exam ending and moving out 4 days later I did A LOT of cleaning. I (with the help of my housemates. Ish) cleaned our house from top to bottom. In packing my room up I realised just how much pointless crap I’ve accumulated and decided to become a minimalist. Moving to Spain should help that. Have any of you ever had to clean an oven back to brand-new status? I had to. IT WAS HARD. I have guns now.

The night before I moved out, my wonderful friends took me to Middletons steakhouse in Norwich and then bowling and sprung a surprise on me by presenting me with the most wonderful scrapbook, full of memories and photos and inside jokes and looking at it still makes me cry. I would write about my pals some more except my laptop would be drowned in a puddle of tears because I miss them so maybe I’ll leave that to a later date when I can cope with the fact we’ll never live with each other ever again.

On the 7th June 2014 I moved out of my house in Norwich, knowing I wouldn’t be back until September 2015. Crazy! It took us about 6 hours to drive the van packed with my stuff back to the North and when we got there I started packing again. Here’s where we come back to those plane tickets I mentioned. I decided to visit my grandparents and the only time free for me to visit them whilst they were there and I had no Robbie concerts booked was the 8th-15th June. So I did. On the 8th I flew solo from Newcastle to Arrecife and from then had a wonderful week in the sun, burning myself by the pool and soothing the burn with the freezing water of the pool, visiting friends who luckily own bars out there (thanks Steve) and relaxing. I did so much relaxing. I had a nap everyday. I barely even read anything. It was very weird because in two days I had gone from Norwich to Newcastle to Lanzarote and it was a lot of travelling for someone used to a 45-minute walk to campus being the only travelling I could do.

I landed into Newcastle airport (after a 4 hour flight on an empty row of seats, HEAVEN) at 01:25AM on Monday 16th June. My travelling still wasn’t over! I unpacked my suitcase Monday morning and packed my backpack Monday afternoon – I was off to Leeds. Once again, I was visiting the city to see Mr Robbie Williams for our first of three dates on his Swings Both Ways Live tour, after last seeing him there for his Ballrooms tour in 2012. I’m not going to write about the gig now because I’m going to do a post after my next two gigs in Newcastle. BUT HE WAS SO GOOD. As always. I love that man.


And now I’m back. I’ve been at home for about four days now and unfortunately, despite enjoying being back with my family, being here just reverts me to the mindset of the person I was before I left for university in September 2012 and I wasn’t really in a good place then. Oh well. A good thing about this week is that I’ve watched all of season 2 of ‘Orange is the New Black’, which I really recommend. I might write a review/post of that too. Next week I’m going to sort out my gym and swim membership, which should give me something to do, and I also want to put more effort into my blog! On Sunday and Monday I’m off to see Mr Williams again. Sunday I will be in the inner pit! Hopefully I will be front row but I’ll be happy just being close to him to be honest. Speaking of, this morning I won some more tickets to his Monday show! So if any of you are interested in buying them from me, tweet me or something.

Until next time, hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment