Sunday 5 June 2016

EMPEZAMOS DE NUEVO

Okay, so it's been a while. I would apologise but I've been having too much fun this last semester at uni - my last ever semester at UEA. It genuinely seems a bit crazy to write that, I've spent the last four years as a UEA student on Saturday I move out of Norwich forever. Well, I might come back but that won't be for a while. Noz is bae and I will always leave a lil part of my heart here.


So much has happened this last semester. Let's try and recap, shall we? I'll have a look through my instagram, lol. I signed up for the Great North Run and have been trying to train for it but fuck is it hard. So far I have managed to raise £320 for Mind, the mental health charity, which makes me super proud and motivates me every time I have to go out and run. UEA Language Society ran a pub quiz and my team, 'Charlie's Bainegels 3: Return of Kiri' won it. WOOOOOO. We're the best. I was then voted in as Lang Soc's new Vice President which was super exciting. I have bought tickets to see James Bay, Beyoncé, Chris Ramsey & Jeremy Jordan and I am the most excited Geordie. We organised the UEA LCS end of year ball and it was AMAZING, if I say so myself. One of the best events I've been to and loved every single second. I am surrounded by such a lovely crowd of people and wouldn't change it for the world. I had my hair dyed blonde again and I am so much more me as a blonde. I saw James Bay and Pentatonix in London and both gigs were excellent. I now don't hate London as much as before. Still would take a lot for me to live there but now I'm not as terrified. I got a tattoo hahaha so silly, it's a little NCL on my ankle, a tribute to Newcastle, the best city in the world. I took a little holiday to Lanzarote which was just perfect, sun and relaxation is just what was needed. Our translation group won a competition and will be translating a Spanish short story which is SUPER EXCITING. I finished my bloody degree. I got a job with the British Council... but more about that later *ooooooh suspense*


The main thing I'm taking from this semester is friendship. Not only did I solidify the already AMAZING friendships with my gorgeous LCS buds, but this semester was all about mis españoles. In January, Stefano had a party for his birthday. Antonio kept kissing me and I fell on Lucía and thus our excellent friendship was born. Like I love all of the amazing erasmus students we've met this term but the connection I have with Antonio and Lucía makes me so happy and I love them so much. I'm not gonna get all emosh because I already wrote them goodbye letters and sobbed so we'll just not. Enjoy a compilation of our best moments.




Okay, so to the future and the reason I've started this thing up again. As every soon-to-be graduate knows, the rush and panic to find a job after uni is looming pretty much as soon as final year starts, but I put that aside because I was reunited with all my pals after our years abroad and was just enjoying a love-in basically. But then it got to the Christmas holidays and I panicked and decided to apply for all sorts, along with the British council to be a language assistant in Spain. I never really thought about it and kept applying for other stuff but then it got to April and I had nothing and the only jobs I really wanted required me to have a driving license and then an email arrived saying I had passed the initial stages for British Council, woo! Our regions would be allocated by the end of June, that email said. So when a message popped in on Friday 3rd June telling me where I was going I pretty much died.

Now, I know most people who read this already follow me on all the other social media but come September I will be employed by LAS ISLAS CANARIAS. Aye, that's right, the place I've wanted to live since 2003 and my grandparents bought an apartment in Lanzarote. Yep, it's finally happening. Lil Baine will be popping over to live on one of the seven islands. IT'S PROPER MENTAL.
So yeah, thought I'd try and blog it again since I will be working 12 hours a week.

Since on my year abroad I was studying, I'm now doing what most other people did on their YA, teaching English in a Spanish school. Look at me getting best of both worlds, eh. Gonna document that process since people said they found my blog helpful last time. And also I really like writing and people seem to enjoy my writing which is nice.

I'm not sure what else to say now but yes, Geordie Abroad(ie) is starting up again. LET'S DO THIS SHIT.
Btw, if you were posted to Canarias for British Council this year/in previous years, plz give me advice. What's the likelihood I get Lanza? How do I claim residencia? I want that 50% off travel plz.

All the love and hasta luego
Baine

x

PS THIS IS A SHOUT OUT FOR MY BESTEST FRIEND GEORGIA. SHE IS GREAT AND BEAUTIFUL AND FUN AND FULL OF WHIMSY

1 comment:

  1. I am full of whimsy :P great blog chick, can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete