Sunday 4 May 2014

THE INFAMOUSLY AWKWARD FIRST POST

Hey pals. 

I'm Katy and this is approximately my 672nd attempt at blogging. Odds are 43/1 that I stick to it this time.

The main point to me blogging this time is that starting from the second of September, 2014, I will be living in Spain and studying at la Universidad de Alicante. Scary, I know. This blog is basically just another medium for my mother to stalk me on. The blog title is incredibly hilarious isn't it though. Go on. You know you want to laugh.


I thought I'd start with introductory basics before getting in to the panic about upping sticks to a whole different country in another post. I am Katy Baines, although my friends call me Kiri Baine which annoys me to no end. I study Spanish at the University of East Anglia, which is in the back end of nowhere, otherwise known as Norfolk. I am originally from the most beautiful of counties, Northumberland, but call myself a Geordie because I like to pretend I was born on the banks of the Tyne. Being northern in Norwich is very rare and therefore all of my friends bully me. However, they don't understand what I say back to them because of my daft accent, so everyone wins! Lord knows how this is going to work in Spain, but I suppose with this blog you'll all (by 'all' I mean Mam and Howie) get to find out!


This is just going to be a list of things I like so you can decide whether I'm boring or not. (SPOILER ALERT: I am)

I like Robbie Williams a lot and spend all of my money on him and going to see him. It's an awfully expensive hobby but I enjoy it all the same. I'm a heavy user of sarcasm (not drugs, don't worry) and am rarely serious. Like everyone else in the world, I tweet nonsense around 40 times a day, and love a good hashtag. 

I identify as a feminist and don't really understand why anyone wouldn't advocate for equality, but that deserves a whole other post. I'm a cracking chef and Gordon Ramsay follows me on Twitter so that must mean it's true. I'm almost at the point where my liquid eyeliner is even every day and the wings are so sharp they could kill a man. I like reading and watching films oooo how original; French cinema is my fave and I read a lot of psychological (ish) fiction so if you have any recommendations let me know. 


I recently watched every episode of Grey's Anatomy in two months and there is soon to be an empty space in my heart where I have to wait all summer for the next season. The sun makes me happy and Lanzarote is my second home, I am unashamed about my love for One Direction, and chicken wings are easily my favourite things in the world. Maybe.


My resolution for 2014 was to give up coca-cola due to my addiction and at the time of writing I have successfully resisted it for 123 days. I would still quite like to have some right now. I enjoy travelling, both seeing new places and the physical act of travelling. Trains and planes are my favourite, buses not so much. My current nemesis is Spanish grammar. I feel like it will be my nemesis for a very long time.


I'm now very tired and bored of writing about myself. If this put you to sleep, I am very sorry.
Catch y'all on the flip.

Katy x

twitter | tumblr | instagram | goodreads




No comments:

Post a Comment