Friday 28 July 2017

7/12

Hi pals. I have missed blogging but ya gal is so busy that life just catches up on you and then you're almost eight months into the year and WHAT IS TIME?!
I keep a little list of all the blog posts I want to write and genuinely have the best intentions to write them but having a nap is way easier than trying to formulate articulate and interesting blog posts. HOWEVER, you're in luck because I got back off me holidays today and 8pm isn't really a good time for me to be going to bed so I've got the laptop out and shall be tippy tapping until the cows come home. The last time we spoke was after the horrendous attacks in Manchester, just before I finished my year working in Lanzarote.


So what's happened since then?
Weeeeeeeelllll, I got free(!!!) tickets to Robbie Williams' dress rehearsal gig in Manchester for the Heavy Entertainment Show tour and had to end my year a little early in order to go (more on that later).
My last month in Lanzarote was just wonderful. I had many nights out with fam and pals. I was meant to volunteer as part of the annual ironman triathlon but they cocked up the organisation and so I didn't but I went down to watch the swimming at 6am and watched the last racers come in at midnight and honestly it was such a feat of strength and the human spirit and it made me a bit emotional. Then I spent the rest of my time emotional because it was filled with goodbyes. I had cards from the kids and we celebrated el día de canarias together and had our last lessons and took photos and I received a diploma of 'canariedad' from my school and just ugh guys I can't even explain, the love I have in my heart for all of the staff and students at ceip ajei overflows and I could cry thinking about it. 





So on the 31st of May I had my last day with the bairns and was super emosh and then I packed and flew to Manchester on the 1st of June for a different kind of emotion. Rob had invited 500 (and +1s) of his biggest fans/friendlies/mentals for operation pillowfight which actually took place at the Etihad stadium. Phones and cameras weren't allowed in the venue and honestly it was the most relaxed and comfortable show I've ever had the privilege to be a part of. You could see how much Rob was loving being up on that stage; yes he was performing for us, but it wasn't for our money or to make sure we came back or to promote the album or whatever. It was him and his friends having a party and him telling us stories about the kids and his health issues and the future of his music. He played us songs that weren't on the setlist and told us of his worries of playing to Manchester so soon after the attacks. It was honestly just one of the highlights of me life and I'm so pleased I decided to sacrifice an extra week in Lanzarote for that experience.




After that I got to be reunited with pals and fam and it was so beaut. I had my first ever night out in Newcastle (lol shameful) and it was fab. Love me gal pals. I was a count assistant during the election which was fab because yay for youth political engagement but boo because I had to count for a tory-heavy constituency and that was minging. This is a story I've told many a time but the tory candidate came over to me and said "so how am I doing?" and I said "...and who are you?". It made his cronies laugh but then they were all like "ha ha this young one doesn't know anything about politics". Nah mate, I'm just not interested in who is representing the tories three consituencies away from me when I'm a labour supporter. He then said I'd probably be spending the wage I got for counting the votes on alcohol and I asked him whether he expected to get youth votes talking to young people like that... Then remembered I was meant to stay out of the actual politics so stopped talking. Ha. He's a twat. 





 


Then the day after it was up to Edinburgh for my official Heavy Entertainment Show date with Mr Williams. Oh that man just gets better. I won't ramble on about my love for him again but it was a great show. Scottish crowds are mental and loud and a great experience.



 


The week after that I started my full time 9-5 job wooooop. I do data entry for a PPI reclaims company which might not be the most glam of jobs and it certainly isn't the end goal but it keeps me occupied and gives me a bit cash and we have bants at work so I'm enjoying it. Got a cracking little team and seem to have a good grasp of what I have to do so fingers crossed nobody sacks me any time soon. 




Little things in between have been like me buying two lots of tickets to see Harold Styles on tour (omg I die), and saving a bee from our pond #savethebees, and trips into NCL with Cameron with us failing to get into the Baltic, and weekends in my rents' caravan to which I am a total convert - caravanning 4 lyf. We had a trip into Durham and I fell in love so that's good since I've signed up to go to uni there in two months. Hahahaha. I've given blood again yay! Get yourselves to the blood bank pls. 


 



Took a trip to London with the gals to see Adele who then cancelled the gig. Lol. What a bitch. Nah, we had an ace weekend anyway. The weather was lush and we did some sightseeing and saw Mamma Mia! at the theatre and had great food and did lots of shopping on Oxford Street. Fab fab fab. 


 



Working 9-5 in front of a screen ruined my eyes and now I wear glasses. I had loads of tests at the doctors and was diagnosed with PCOS woohoo more about that in a different post I think. I finally organised to talk with a therapist and am going through an online CBT course which to be honest isn't that great yet cos it feels like my AS psychology course but I have hopes that it'll get better. Maybe more about that as it happens.

And then coming up to today, I just flew back from a 5 day trip to Alicante. I had the best few days relaxing with best pal P in the sun, getting sunburnt on the beach and shopping (I'm such a girl now) and sitting around the pool and eating good food. So chill. We have such a gr8 palship in where we tend to always be on the same wavelength and are too chill to argue about anything and just enjoy relaxation which is the best. Did miss u tho Han. Need to reunite the dream team next time. 


 
 



AND AND AND I GOT TO SEE BABY ANTONIO. It had been OVER A YEAR since I'd seen my precious little bae and omg the love. So much love. I probs smiled for 3 hours straight cos I couldn't believe his wee face was in front of me. I don't think he understood our geordie accents but we did our best to communicate ;) hahaha. Love you so much bae.



 


But man it was weird being back there in ALC. Nothing had changed and I didn't have to think to navigate us around the city and it felt like I'd never left. But then I'd stop and think of how different my life is since I last lived there and it's actually astounding. When I left Alicante I was at one of the worst points my mental health had ever been (as chronicled on this here blog lol who remembers all my posts about breakdowns). I was now a graduate, a worker, I'd been a resident of a different place in Spain. My Spanish is like 10 million times better than it was when I left (which isn't how a year abroad is meant to work but yknow, extenuating circumstances). It made me realise how canarian my accent is and how, to be honest, enamoured I am with canarias. I much prefer the way of life out there and the outlook and the architecture and the weather and essentially it's helped me decide my future, just by going back out there on holiday. I think I'm going to apply to be a language assistant again, and hopefully back at CEIP Ajei. I think. This could all change but it's my current plan. I just miss mi vida canaria too much. 


 
That's all for now I think. I'm buzzin cos tomorrow I get to see me best pal Hol after probs about a century and then in two weeks I get to see OG erasmus bud TORRIE OMG my norn irish ice queen marathon running pasta princess. I cannot wait. So lucky to have so many great pals but I hate that they're long distance. Fuckers. 

ANYWAY. laters. As always I have many posts planned but whether they come to fruition in 2017 remains to be seen.
Lotsa love

KB     

No comments:

Post a Comment